Summer Zoo Camp is June 22–August 14 and is for children ages 3–12.
To ensure the safety of our campers, staff, and animals, Zoo Camp will have a few new rules this year and some exciting new opportunities. We assure you that your campers will have a “zooper” time with up-close animal encounters, crafts, experiments, and more!
Camp in a Box
It’s Zoo Camp…to go! Choose from one of four themes, and campers will receive a box of materials to explore fun science activities and crafts at home. Behind-the-scenes videos and keeper talks included.
FamCamp allows groups of 10 campers (ages 3-12) or more to register together to ensure the familiarity and safety of their fellow campers for onsite camp. Group registration is limited, so round up your family, friends, and “quaran-team.”
What We’re Doing to Keep Your Campers Safe
- Camp will have staggered drop-off and pick-up times to limit mass gatherings
- Campers will be taken by the Zoo Train to their camp zone once they arrive
- No early drop-off or late pick-up options to minimize cross-contact with additional staff
- 6-foot markers will be put on the ground to suggest a safe distance
- Campers are required to wear a mask when outside the “camp zone” or where 6-ft. distancing is not possible
- All staff will wear masks and follow state guidelines
- Campers will stay in assigned groups all day/week with the same instructor
- Camp will be held exclusively outside, with shaded areas, in a designated zone away from the public
- Camp educators will each have a sanitation kit to wash all surfaces before and after use as well as sanitize campers’ hands as necessary