Now open to ALL students!
Join our hands-on, experiential program for learners ages 3-15. Our interactive approach fulfills California standards by introducing age-specific content and developing research skills. Over each 8-week session, students explore as field biologists, recording observations, evaluating problems, and developing solutions. Classes are grouped by age.
You must be a Santa Barbara Zoo Member to participate in the Outdoor Ed program.
March 29–May 21: Water
Choose a day: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, OR Friday
$260/first student $230/first student if registered by 3/5
$210/second student $180/second student if registered by 3/5
$190/third student $160/each additional student if registered by 3/5
Optional Practicum: $150/student
What We’re Doing to Keep Your Kids Safe
- Outdoor Ed will be held exclusively outside, with shaded areas, in a designated zone away from the public
- Educators will each have a sanitation kit to wash all surfaces before and after use as well as sanitize students’ hands as necessary
- No early drop-off or late pick-up options to minimize cross-contact with additional staff
- 6-foot markers will be put on the ground to suggest a safe distance
- Students are required to wear a mask when outside the “Outdoor Ed zone” or where 6-ft. distancing is not possible
- All staff will wear masks and follow state guidelines
- Students will stay in assigned groups all day/week with the same instructor