What to do after school? Drop off your student at the Santa Barbara Zoo!
This after-school enrichment program is filled with exciting educational activities, visits from special animal guests, and exploration of the Zoo! After school is about to get…wild!
This session’s theme is Sustainability Through Biomimicry. Students learn about sustainable lifestyles and technology using nature as a template. Topics include transportation, renewable resources, and ecological preservation.
March 28 – May 17: Sustainability Through Biomimicry, from 3:30 to 5 PM
Grades 1 & 2: Mondays, starts March 28 and ends May 16
Grades 3 – 5: Tuesdays, starts March 29 and ends May 17
$165/student, $155/student for SB Zoo Members
What We’re Doing to Keep Your Kids Safe
- The After School Enrichment program will be held exclusively outside in a designated zone away from the public
- Educators will each have a sanitation kit to wash all surfaces before and after use as well as sanitize students’ hands as necessary
- No early drop-off or late pick-up options to minimize cross-contact with additional staff
- 6-foot markers will be put on the ground to suggest a safe distance
- Students are required to wear a mask when outside the “After School zone” or where 6-ft. distancing is not possible
- All staff will wear masks and follow state guidelines
- Students will stay in assigned groups all day/week with the same instructor