AUGUST 28, 2021
If there’s one thing the world has been for the last year, it’s wild. We’ve all been stuck in our dwellings and gained a healthy dose of wanderlust. While the Zoo was able to reopen (…twice), one distinct silhouette was missing from the Santa Barbara horizon: Zoofari Ball!
It’s back to basics for the relaunch, so grab your safari jacket, leap into your jeep, and come bop on the hilltop. Whether you’re a Savannah savant or a “big five” buff, you’ll find plenty to love on this excursion.
Rincon Events is back to serve up a spread back at camp that will be the envy of the entire pride. And of course, ample opportunity to sip a sundowner or two with friends after a year even a hyena couldn’t laugh off.
Zoofari Ball is sold out. If you’d like to be put on the waitlist, please contact Sam Franz by email or call (805) 962-5339.
Zoofari Ball is sold out.
Khaki, safari vests, cargo shorts, animal costumes, animal prints, safari hats. Let your imagination run wild!
Food and Drink
Hosted full bars featuring top-shelf spirits and fine wines and a delicious, hand-crafted themed dinner will be provided by Rincon Events…adding an elegant touch to your safari experience.
Choose from a highly curated selection of unique themed packages, including Staycation, Zoo VIP Tours, Local Dining Adventures, and much more.
Preview the auction catalog here.
Buy a raffle ticket to win a fabulous trip to Belize! See below for more details.
In light of changing COVID-19 restrictions, we wanted to let you know what we are doing to keep our guests, staff, and animals safe for this event.
Zoofari Guest Safety Procedures
- All Zoofari Ball guests must be fully vaccinated or have proof of a recent (within 72 hours) negative COVID-19 test.
- Fully vaccinated guests are required to share proof of vaccination (actual card, photocopy, or photo) at check-in.
- All unvaccinated guests are required to share proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test (actual results, photocopy, or photo) from no earlier than Wednesday, August 25 at 5:00 PM.
In addition, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask while indoors, including in the restrooms and at check-out.
Zoo and Rincon Events staff will follow the above protocols, hand sanitizing stations will be installed, and extra masks will be available.
Raffle: Journey to Belize
ENTER TO WIN A SEVEN-NIGHT DREAM VACATION FOR TWO EXPLORING BELIZE!
- Two round-trip tickets courtesy of Alaska Airlines
- Land transfer from Belize City airport to Blancaneaux Lodge
- Two-night stay with daily continental breakfast and one onsite activity in a Cabana Room at Blancaneaux Lodge
- Land transfer from Blancaneaux Lodge to Turtle Inn
- Two-night stay with daily continental breakfast and one onsite activity in a Cottage Room at the Turtle Inn
- One-way flight transfer from Turtle Inn to Las Terrazas courtesy of Way to Go Tours
- Three-night stay in a one-bedroom/two-bathroom Residence at Las Terrazas
- One-way flight from Las Terrazas to Belize City Airport courtesy of Way to Go Tours
Last day to purchase by mail is August 20. After August 20, please submit in person at the Zoo during regular business hours.
Drawing will take place at Zoofari Ball on August 28, 2021; need not be present to win. Must be 18 years old or older to enter. Current Robertson International Travel Consultants and Santa Barbara Zoo employees are not eligible to enter. This raffle is registered with the State of California Department of Justice and as such, is subject to official State of California raffle regulations. Proceeds from the raffle benefit the Santa Barbara Zoo.
Zoofari Ball XXXV Sponsors
Thomas & Nancy Crawford
The Dreier Family
Hutton Parker Foundation
Lady Leslie Ridley-Tree
Bella Vista Designs, Inc.
The Pryor Family
Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians
Ventura Toyota & Volkswagen
Action Roofing and Action Energy
Arlington Financial Advisors
Jeffrey & Margo Baker Barbakow
City National Bank
The Dill Family
Hobson/Lucas Family Foundation
HUB International of California Insurance Services, Inc.
The Hurst Family
The Krainer Family
Ted & Nancy McToldridge
Montecito Bank & Trust
Robert & Deborah Myman
Robert K. & Barbara J. Straus Family Foundation
Rudi Schulte Family Foundation
American Riviera Bank
In loving memory of Polly Blackburn
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
CopperPoint Insurance Companies
Cottage Children’s Medical Center
CSU Channel Islands
Damitz, Brooks, Nightingale, Turner & Morrisset
A Friend of the Zoo
Gary Frolenko Engineering & Elissa Rubin
Giffin & Crane General Contractors, LLC
Patricia & Alan Griffin
Stina Hans & Joel Kreiner
Jensen Audio & Visual
Peter & Gerd Jordano
Wendy & Philip Kistler
La Cumbre Animal Hospital
Robert & Elizabeth Manger
David & Maureen Morehouse
Mullen & Henzell
Nye, Stirling, Hale & Miller, LLP
Will & Pam Powers
Sol Wave Water
Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, LLC
Shannon & Bradley Vernon
Sue & Bill Wagner
White Hat Innovation
The Wyatt Family
President Erika Beck and California State University, Northridge
Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management
The Angelo Mozilo Family
Alison Overseth & Ken deRegt
Premier Event Design
Behind the Scenes Event Design by Lisa Carter-Alford
Robertson International Travel Consultants
The Brander Vineyard
Supporting Print Sponsor
There are many opportunities for you or your business to support the Zoo by sponsoring Zoofari Ball. By becoming involved with the Zoo, you’ll join a community committed to the preservation of animals and support a beloved local institution.
Contact Sam Franz by email or phone (805) 679-8442 to become a sponsor of this year’s Zoofari Ball.
Zoofari Ball XXXV Committee
Nancy & Ted McToldridge
Lisa Carter-Alford, Sam Franz, and Nancy McToldridge
Elaine K. Mah Best
Heather Schuyler Gray
Kirk A. Martin
2021 Zoo Board of Directors
George Leis, Chair
Amy Pryor, Vice Chair
Joanne Funari, Treasurer
Yvette Birch Giller, Secretary
Erika D. Beck, PhD
Elizabeth Challen, DVM
Jessica L. Diaz
David Graff, Esq.
Brian Kopeikin, MD
Dan Segna, DVM
Clark Stirling, Esq.
William A. Brace
Arthur A. Henzell
Arthur R. Locker
Edward R. McToldridge
- From U.S. 101, exit Cabrillo Boulevard
- Take East Cabrillo Boulevard to Niños Drive.
- The Zoo is on the right after 1/10 mile.
- The Zoo is approximately 30 minutes from Ventura, 50 minutes from the Santa Ynez Valley, and 90 minutes from Los Angeles.